There have been no reports of violence against USCG or CBP operations, according to the U.S. Embassy in Nassau.
The embassy, which has been in constant communication with the United States Coast Guard as it airlifts medical evacuees from Abaco to New Providence, said 61 people had been successfully airlifted from the northern Bahamas since Monday.
“You can help relief efforts by only sharing verified information from trusted sources,” the embassy said. “Please share this widely.
“U.S. Coast Guard continues search and rescue operations in the Northern Bahamas, now with support from Customs and Border Protection as well.
“There have been no reports of violence against USCG or CBP operations.
“They have been welcomed by people in Abaco and Freeport who need help. As of 8:00 pm on September 3, they had successfully airlifted 61 people from the Northern Bahamas to Nassau over two days, including three people from Freeport. Please spread the word.”