Another tuberculosis (TB) scare gripped the Gaming Board yesterday as Eyewitness News understands two employees tested positive for exposure to the highly contagious airborne bacteria.
According to sources, one female employee was hospitalised on Monday after she was unable to breathe while on the job. It was reportedly later discovered that she had been exposed to TB.
The gaming board we understand began Mantoux skin testing for employees on Tuesday, which is expected to continue all week. The Mantoux skin test is used to determine immunity to TB.
Last year, 17 of the board’s 81 employees had positive Mantoux tests.