NASSAU, BAHAMAS – Central and South Eleuthera MP Hank Johnson confirmed today that he has tested positive for COVID-19.
Johnson, who posted the update to his Facebook page, said he is currently hospitalized in New Providence.
“I thank the medical staff for their skilled and detailed care of me and all the Bahamians battling this illness,” he said.
“Please keep me and all those in our country afflicted with COVID-19 in your prayers.”
Earlier this week, Johnson was flown to New Providence for observation after his blood pressure increased, according to the island’s administrator.
He is the latest member of Parliament to test positive for the virus in recent days.
Progressive Leader Philip Brave Davis and PLP Senator Dr Michael Darville also confirmed they have tested positive for COVID-19.
Yesterday, The Bahamas surpassed the 1,500 cases milestone adding an additional 107 new COVID-19 cases, taking the told to 1,531.
Prime Minister Dr Hubert Minnis and Deputy Prime Minister Peter Turnquest remain in voluntary quarantine after a possible exposure at the Office of the Prime Minister last week.
Additionally, Education Minister Jeffrey Lloyd, who had also voluntarily quarantined, confirmed on Sunday that he and his wife tested negative for the virus.