Police in New Providence are investigating a traffic accident on Sunday which has left an adult male dead.
According to reports, shortly after 11:00 a.m., a male was driving a blue Toyota Progress on McCullough Corner when he apparently lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a building.
Fire Services Officers and Paramedics were called to extricate the victim from the vehicle, but he was pronounced dead on scene.
Traffic department officers said they will continue to investigate this matter.
Following this latest fatality police outlined some safety tips for motorists. These include:
- Don’t drink, text or utilize anything that will distract you while driving.
- Obey the speed limits and traffic signal lights
- Be alert and ready to stop.
- Look out for people walking on the street, especially where there are no sidewalks.
- Be extra cautious around the pedestrian crossing
- Slow down and watch out for children on the streets.
- Do not overtake, stay in your lane.
- Remember to slow down and drive for both you and others.