NASSAU, BAHAMAS – A third child who was reported missing by the police early Wednesday morning in the span of two weeks, has returned home safely to his parents.
Police issued an alert to media shortly after 6:00 a.m. on Wednesday, which stated that they were searching for 12-year-old Brendon Williams of Kool Acres Estates.
The police said Brendon was reported missing by his family shortly after 3:00 a.m. on Wednesday and the child was last seen after 5:30 p.m. when he left home with friends to head to the Freedom Park baseball park, wearing a red basketball pants, a black T-shirt and a pair of slippers.
However, when Eyewitness News visited Brendon’s home early Wednesday morning, his parents said Brendon had just returned home safely sometime after 7:00 a.m.
When asked about his whereabouts, Brandon explained that he decided not to travel to the Freedom Farm baseball park, after his mom had shown him video reports of the eight-year-old girl who had been abducted earlier this week.
“I said I don’t want to go no more [to Freedom Farm baseball park] because I don’t want that to happen to me,” Brandon said.
The young boy said he therefore spent the night at his friend’s house.
However, the parents of Brandon’s friend did not contact the Williams family to alert them that their son was in their custody and would be spending the night.
“They were supposed to send this boy home. She knows this boy was supposed to go to school in the morning,” said Cedric Williams, Brandon’s father.
“He said he was at the neighbour’s house which is in walking distance. You mean to tell me if this woman knew that we would be concerned about this little boy, why couldn’t she walk with this boy home?”
Cedric Williams said after realizing that his son had not returned home on Tuesday evening, he became very concerned, thinking that he had been kidnapped or killed.
“A lot was going through my head,” the irate father said.
Brandon’s disappearance on Tuesday night marked the third child to go missing in the capital in a little over two weeks.
Last month, on Feb. 17, three-year-old Shavard Bain Jr. was allegedly abducted by two women in a silver vehicle while riding his bicycle in the area of South Beach Estates.
He was later dropped off the following day at a laundromat on Joe Farrington Road with no apparent injuries.
Also, on Sunday, March 3, police reported that a six-year-old girl had been abducted around 2:00 a.m. that same day after a man had entered a home on Milton Street and abducted the child.
Police said in less than an hour; the child was discovered walking in the area of Woodlawn Gardens by a passerby and she was taken to the Wulff Road Police Station.
Earlier this week, the child’s mother alleged that she had been sexually molested by her abductor.
As police investigations into both abductions continue, no arrests have yet to be made.