While many will be bringing in Independence Day with drinks, food and fun, Eyewitness News Online took to the streets to find Bahamians who could answer questions pertaining to the country’s history.
Locals were asked a series of questions on the spot to test their knowledge of basic Bahamian trivia including:
- Name the country’s national bird?
- Name the county’s national flower?
- NAme the country’s national tree?
- Who was the country’s first Governor General?
- Name the country’s largest island?
- Who wrote the country’s national anthem?
While adults struggled with answering the questions, the country’s youth answered the questions with flying colours.