HAWKSBILL, GRAND BAHAMA – Police on the island of Grand Bahama captured a wanted fugitive and recovered a number of firearms and ammunition on Friday, May 17, 2019.
According to police reports, shortly before 4:00p.m. last Friday, a team of officers consisting of Rapid Response and Central Detective Unit officers, acting on intelligence and armed with a search warrant, went to a residence in Hawksbill, where they arrested wanted suspect Tavares Beckford, also known as “foe”.
Police said Beckford was wanted by the Central Detective Unit for murder and attempted murder.
A male occupant of the residence was also arrested for harbouring a criminal and both men were taken into police custody.
Police reported that officers, upon further search of the residence, also uncovered:
- An AR-15 rifle with forty .40 rounds of ammunition
- Thirteen .9mm rounds of ammunition
- A black magazine with forty two .223 rounds of ammunition
- A black scope
- A black colt .40 pistol with a clip containing twenty nine .40 rounds of ammunition
- A quantity of suspected marijuana
All items were taken into police custody.