Latest abduction of two boys reported on Thursday evening
NASSAU, BAHAMAS – Police in the capital are expected to hold a press conference sometime today, after four children were allegedly abducted this week alone.
As it now stands, a total of five alleged abductions were reported to police in the span of three weeks.
Also this week, two children, a 12-year-old boy and 15-year old girl were reported ‘missing’ and were later found.
The latest alleged abduction occurred on Thursday evening and involved two boys.
According to police reports, shortly before 4:00 p.m., two boys, ages ten and eight, were walking in the area of Kool Acres when they were picked up by a female driving a dark coloured vehicle, of which she was the lone occupant.
Police said a short time later, the 10-year-old boy was dropped back in Kool Acres and the eight-year-child was dropped off at the Tonique Williams-Darling Highway near to the entrance of the City Dump.
Both boys were said to have no apparent physical injuries.
Thursday’s reported abduction happened less than 24-hours of the abduction reported on Wednesday, March 6.
According to police reports, shortly before 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, a male child was taken from a park on Emmanuel Drive off Soldier Road, by a female who was the loan occupant of a grey vehicle.
Police said a short time later, the child was dropped off at Tonique Williams-Darling Highway near the entrance of the city dump.
Police said the child had no physical injuries, was examined by a doctor and is in good health.
And despite two of the abductions involving boys being dropped off at the city dump, police said they are investigating Wednesday’s and Thursday’s abduction cases separately, but are looking at similarities to determine if they are connected.
Police are also seeking the public’s assistance with any information that could assist them in identifying the female in the composite sketch attached to this article.
Persons are also being asked to contact police at the Central Detective Unit at 5029991/2, Crime Stoppers at 328- TIPS (8477) or 919.
The timeline of alleged abductions over the past three weeks are as follows:
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 17 – Three-year-old Shavard Bain Jr. was allegedly abducted by two women in a silver vehicle while riding his bicycle in the area of South Beach Estates.
He was later dropped off the following day at a laundromat on Joe Farrington Road with no apparent injuries.
SUNDAY, MARCH 3 – police reported that a six-year-old girl had been abducted around 2:00 a.m. that same day after a man had entered a home on Milton Street and abducted the child.
Police said in less than an hour; the child was discovered walking in the area of Woodlawn Gardens by a passerby and she was taken to the Wulff Road Police Station. The child’s mother alleged that she had been sexually molested by her abductor.
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 6 – Police reported that a male child was abducted from a park on Emmanuel Drive off Soldier Road, by a female who was the loan occupant of a grey vehicle. The child was dropped later off at Tonique Williams- Darling Highway near to the entrance of the City Dump.
THURSDAY, MARCH 7 – Police reported that sometime around 4:00 p.m., two boys, ages ten and eight, were walking in the area of Kool Acers when they were picked up by a female driving a dark coloured vehicle, of which she was the lone occupant.
A short time later, the 10-year-old boy was dropped back on Kool Acres and the 8-year-child was dropped off at the Tonique Williams-Darling Highway near to the entrance of the city dump.