Electrical shortage cause of govt. complex fire in Andros

NASSAU, BAHAMAS – Police on Sunday confirmed that following their investigation, it was found that the blaze that gutted a government building in Central Andros on Friday was the result of an electrical shortage.

According to police reports, shortly after 4:00 p.m. on Friday, police were called to the local government complex in Fresh Creek, after receiving reports that it was on fire.

Police and residents attempted to extinguish the fire, but were unsuccessful. The building was totally destroyed.