We here at Eyewitness News welcome comments from readers, but in the interest of keeping things as civil and focused as possible, we have just a few simple rules for commenters:
- While we do not expect commenters to use their real names, comments posted from behind proxy servers will not be approved. If you can’t comment without hiding behind a proxy server, then you won’t be commenting here.
- We will never censor comments based on the political or ideological point of view they espouse. However, we reserve the right to moderate, edit, or delete any comments that are abusive, libelous, off-topic, use excessive foul language, or that are indecent.
- If a commenter posts comments that are abusive, libelous, off-topic, use excessive foul language, or that are indecent, we reserve the right to remove the comments and/or ban the commenter’s Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- We reserve the right to moderate any comments or commenters that are abusive, libelous, off-topic, use excessive foul language, or that are indecent.
- If a specific commenter engages in a pattern of abusive, libelous, or off topic comments, said commenter will be given one warning. If the behaviors continue, that commenter will then be prohibited from posting comments in the future.
- Eyewitness News is not responsible for the content of any comments posted by visitors or guests to www.ewnews.com or any associated web pages. Responsibility for the content of comments belongs to the commenter alone. Commenters hereby agree to indemnify Eyewitness News and hold it harmless from any and all claims and/or legal actions which are a result of their comments.
If you have any questions regarding Eyewitness News’s comment policy, please feel free to contact us.
In no way are the writings or comments of any one contributor meant to represent the views or beliefs of the others – each opinion is unique and represents the opinion of that writer only. An opinion expressed by any contributor does not reflect the views of any organization, employer, or religious congregation that contributor may be associated with unless expressly stated.
The content produced by each contributor on Eyewitness News is the sole property of the contributor. Opinions expressed by any contributor to this article are offered freely without direct compensation by any sponsor, advertiser, contributor, candidate, or employer.