Alleged child abductor returns to court

Alleged child abductor returns to court

Charges increase to child stealing.

NASSAU, BAHAMAS — Alleged child abductor De’Edra Michelle Gibson had her charges upgraded yesterday to child stealing.

The 29-year-old, who also had her $20,000 bail extended, appeared before Magistrate Samuel McKinney.

She served four voluntary bills of indictments.

Gibson is now accused of stealing three eight-year-old boys and a three-year-old between February 16 and March 29.

During her initial arraignment her attorney informed the magistrate that his client has a history of mental health issues.

But a psychiatric report ordered by the court determined that the accused was fit to plea to the charges

Gibson is expected to return to the Supreme Court on August 16thbefore Justice Bernard Turner to be arraigned on the new charge.

The timeline of the alleged abductions are as follows:

On February 16, 2019, two women in a silver-coloured vehicle abducted a three-year-old boy who was reportedly riding his bicycle outside his South Beach Estates home.

The boy was dropped off at a laundromat on Farringdon Road and Fox Hill Road the following day.

Another abduction was recorded on March 6.

Authorities reported a woman in a grey vehicle abducted a boy, eight, from a park near his home on Emmanuel Drive, off Soldier Road.

He was dropped off, this time near the entrance of the New Providence Landfill.

There were three more abductions on March 7.

According to police, three boys, ages 5, 8 and 10 were reportedly taken while walking in Kool Acres by a woman driving a dark-coloured vehicle.

The five-year-old and ten-year-old boys were returned to the same area, while the eight-year-old child was left near the entrance of the City Dump less than an hour later.

The latest abduction occurred on March 29, 2019.

A woman driving a silver vehicle stopped alongside two boys — ages eight and 10 — who were standing in front of their Collins Close home around 9:00 p.m.

According to authorities, the 10-year-old walked away, however, the woman successfully lured the other boy into her vehicle and drove off.

A short time later, the boy was released on Tonique Williams Darling Highway near the entrance of the New Providence Landfill before he was rescued and reunited with his family.