Less than a week after they were apprehended by the Royal Bahamas Defence Force, 46 Dominican fishermen were charged before the courts on Thursday afternoon in New Providence for poaching in Bahamian waters.
The Dominican nationals all appeared before Magistrate Cara Turnquest and were charged with:
(1) Illegal Foreign fishing.
(2) Possession of a Grouper less than 3 pounds.
(3) Possession of Fresh Crawfish during the closed season from April 1 – July 31, 2018. (4) Possession of Undersized Crawfish.
(5) Possession of Prohibited Apparatus.
(6) Engaging in Illegal Foreign Fishing within the Exclusive Fishery Zone of The Bahamas.
Mr. Radhames Hernadez, the boat captain was also charged with:
(1) Possession of an Unlicensed Shotgun.
(2) Possession of Ammunition.
All the men pleaded not guilty to all of the charges and were remanded to The Bahamas Department of Corrections (BDOC) until their case resumes October 22.