Juvenile to be charged in teen stabbing incident

Juvenile to be charged in teen stabbing incident
Police Commissioner Anthony Ferguson addresses media.

NASSAU, BAHAMAS – Commissioner of Police Anthony Ferguson confirmed on Thursday that a juvenile male is expected to be brought before the magistrate court on murder charges in connection with the stabbing death of 15-year-old Perry Rolle Jr.

Ferguson told the media outside of police headquarters that the matter should be before the court sometime next week.

His comments came on the heels of information revealed by education minister Jeffery Lloyd on Wednesday which indicated that police had two juvenile males in custody in connection with the stabbing incident.

The duo, allegedly 15 and 16 years old, were reportedly students of the C.C. Sweeting Senior High School.

While the victim and the aggressor attend two different schools, Minister Lloyd asserted that the drama unfolded as a result of a turf war between a number of schools in the Oakes Field area.

Reports suggest that Rolle was a victim of bullying. In fact, his mother Gladys Louis told Eyewitness News Online just 24 hours after her son’s death that he had been bullied on two prior occasions.

Louis asserted that the matters were reported to police, but maintained that no affirmative action was taken by law enforcement officers to address the issue.